The 2005 Quilt Show will be held the weekend of April 29 through May 1, 2005 at the Main Exhibition Hall, Washington County Fairgrounds.
Friday, April 29, 2005
Saturday, April 30, 2005
Sunday, May 1, 2005
Wearable Arts Fashion Show
Saturday 11 am & 1 pm
Seniors and children 6-12, $4.00
Directions to the Show
10 am -- 6 pm|
10 am -- 5 pm
10 am -- 3 pm
The theme for the 31st Annual Quilt Show is "A Stitch in Time".
Hundreds of Quilts on display
Merchant Mall, Door Prizes
Subway food onsite
2005 Quilt Show Demonstrations
||Quilting Makes the Quilt--
Selecting the Perfect Quilting Design
|Basic Free Motion Quilting
||Ins and Outs of Flannel Chenille|
|Selecting Colors for Your Quilt
||The Perfect Quilt Sleeve
||Embellishments for Crazy Quilts and "Sane"Quilts
||English Paper Piecing|
||Ins and Outs of Flannel Chenille
Deanne Seeley is chairing the Challenge Quilt committee for the 2005 Quilt Show. The theme for the Challenge Quilt will be "I Remember When". Take a special memory and portray it in a quilt. The quilts will incorporate one hand technique, such as hand piecing, hand applique, or hand embellishment. Members of NWQ who attend our Quilt Show Preview will judge the quilts.
Here are some important guidelines:
- Contestants who accept the challenge will provide all materials used in their entries. There will be no focus fabric.
- Participants must either hand piece, hand applique, hand quilt, or hand embellish a portion of her/his entry.
- Each entry must have a top, batting, and backing.
- Each entry must be quilted.
- The quilt's perimeter cannot exceed 120 inches, either square, rectangular or round..
- An identification label that includes your name and phone number must be attached to your quilt.
- Optional -- Write a synopsis of your quilt's memory "story" and attach it to your quilt.
- Challenge quilts must be given to the Challenge Quilt chairperson no later than April 11th at the NWQ General Meeting.
Raffle Quilt 2005
The Raffle Quilt for our 31st Annual Quilt Show has been named "1869 Revisited". It was inspired by an antique quilt at the Latimer Quilt andTextile Center.
The quilt is hand-pieced, hand-appliqued and hand-quilted by NWQ Guild members. It measures 85" x 85".
Harpist Bronn Journey, from Seattle, Washington, will perform Friday afternoon and all day Saturday. Visit Bronn Journey's website.